Pollinator Friendly Community Award (by Bees Matter)
The online application form is now closed. Thank you to all of those that submitted an application.
The winners will be announced by the end of September.
We all know the importance of pollinators like honey bees in our gardens: that’s why it’s important to plant pollinator-friendly flowers that are nutritious food sources for pollinators like the honey bee. To support honey bee health, Canada’s agriculture community created Bees Matter, an initiative to restate agriculture’s commitment to honey bees and bring knowledge to the Canadian public about how they can get involved to help honey bees thrive.
Open to all Canadian communities.
Entries should address the following:
• Has your community planted a pollinator-friendly garden?
• Did you choose any specific plants to help attract pollinators?
• Do you have educational activities on pollinators?
• Have you received, and how did you distribute, the Buzzing Gardens* seed packages?
* Buzzing Gardens allows Canadians to help feed honey bees by signing up at www.beesmatter.ca for a free Buzzing Garden seed kit, which includes pollinator-friendly plants. The seeds in the kit were selected in partnership with Pollinator Partnership Canada.
(deadline: Extended to August 25, 2018)