For Immediate Release:
HOPE IS GROWING SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST OPENS MAY 1st, 2021
April 30, 2021 – Communities in Bloom (CiB-Cef) and its partners, including the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association and Garden Centres Canada, are working together to summon everyone to create Hope Gardens for 2021. The Hope is Growing social media contest opens on May 1st, and runs until August 31st, 2021 – Plant, Snap, and Share to help spread hope this gardening season! Communities in Bloom invites anyone and everyone, including municipalities, organizations, schools, churches, colleges and universities, clubs, businesses and individuals to participate by planting a Hope Garden.
If you’d like to enter our social media contest, here are the steps:
1) Register your garden at HopeisGrowing.ca
2) Download Hope is Growing materials – find resources about yellow plants and growing tips for success!
3) Include Hope is Growing signage in your garden, templates available on the website
4) Post your Hope is Growing photo on social media (Facebook or Instagram), tagging @CiBCef (Instagram) or @communitiesinbloom (Facebook) using hashtags #HopeisGrowing and include your category hashtag:
- Residential Small Garden, 500 sq ft and under (i.e. balcony, townhouse): use #CiBResidentialSmall
- Residential Medium Garden, 500-1500 sq ft: use #CiBResidentialMedium
- Residential Large Garden, 1500+ sq ft: use #CiBResidentialLarge
- Residential Professional Garden, designed/installed by a Landscape Horticulture Professional: use #CiBResidentialProfessional
- School Garden: use #CiBSchoolGarden
- Public Garden (i.e. Public Garden, Long Term Care Home, Hospital, Church, University/College): use #CiBPublicGarden
- Children’s Garden: use #CiBChildrensGarden
5) Dates for posting photos: May 1st 12:01 am EDT to August 31st 11:59 pm EDT
6) The contest is open to all individuals across Canada.
7) No product purchase is necessary – simply help us spread hope with your gardens in 2021!
8) A draw for each category and one grand prize winner will be held on October 7th 2021.
For more information and to view the contest prizes, courtesy of Scotts Canada, visit www.hopeisgrowing.ca.
About Communities in Bloom
Communities in Bloom is a Canadian non-profit organization and national charity committed to fostering civic pride, environmental responsibility and beautification through community involvement and the challenge of a national program, with focus on the enhancement of green spaces in communities. Within the context of climate change and environmental concerns, communities involved in the Communities in Bloom program can be proud of their efforts, which provide real and meaningful environmental solutions and benefit all of society. For more information, visit www.communitiesinbloom.ca