2022 Year of the Garden Contest
What is The Year of the Garden 2022?
The Year of the Garden 2022, a Centennial Celebration of Canada’s horticulture sector from January 1 to December 31, 2022, will commemorate Canada’s rich garden heritage, celebrate today’s vibrant garden culture, and create important legacies for a sustainable future.
Planning is underway for a year of exciting activities, celebrations, special events and promotions that will take place in communities, schools, businesses, public gardens, and backyard gardens in all parts of Canada – and we want our CiB Provincial and National Communities to participate in this exciting campaign and contest!
Who can enter?
Any CiB committee registered in their 2022 Provincial or National CiB Edition.
Contestants are judged based on:
- Proclaiming 2022 as Year of the Garden
- Recognizing National Garden Days (June 11th-19th) in your municipality
- Planting Red to express your Canadian garden pride and the job of celebrating the Year of the Garden
- Demonstrating how the Year of the Garden campaign inspired your community
In 750 words or less, along with up to 10 photos and a video (optional) please share information on your Year of the Garden initiatives throughout the community :
- Proclaiming 2022 as Year of the Garden (Yes/No)
- Recognized National Garden Days (June 11th-19th) in your municipality (Yes/No) – provide a description of your communities involvement i.e. celebrations/events
- Use of Year of the Garden Marketing materials – i.e. logo, tshirts, signs (provide examples)
- Varieties of red plants used (type and quantity)
- Community involvement (while maintaining physical distancing requirements due to COVID-19 local guidelines) and educational opportunities
- Was consideration given to environmental sustainability in this initiative?
- Sharing your photos on social media using the hashtag #YearoftheGarden2022 and tag @CiBCef (Instagram) or @communitiesinbloom (Facebook)
- Bonus points will be awarded for projects that feature:
- Community Gardens
- Long Term Care Homes/Hospitals
- School Gardens
- Residential participation
Deadline to apply: 5pm, August 26th, 2022. Entries received after this date will not be accepted
- 1st place: Equinox Planter (large) & Scotts Gift Bag
- 2nd place: Equinox Planter (medium)
- 3rd place: Scotts Gift Bag