2020 CiB Special Edition Front yard and Balcony Contest
Even though we must stay physically distant from each other at this time, Front Yards in Bloom allows communities to come together and stay connected.
Show us how proud you are of your front yard or apartment balcony!
– Residential front yards
– Residential front yards – edible
– Apartment balconies
– Public places
Who can enter?
Any resident of Communities registered in the CiB National 2020 Special Edition Program.
Judging: Contestants are judged based on: curb appeal, tidiness, variation and balance, and originality.
• An appealing front yard that catches your eye, inspires smiles, and invites visitors to enjoy its beauty!
• May include a variety of plants, colours, textures, heights, decorations, and unique features
Residence – edible
• A yard incorporating edible plants into the landscape design
• Can include anything from vegetables and grains to fruiting trees, berry bushes, perennials, flowers or even mushroom A yard or garden with landscaping features and aesthetic appeal in front of a public building.
• Balcony gardens can feature flowers, edible plants and vegetables, decorations and birdfeeders and whatever your mind can create
• A yard or garden with landscaping features and aesthetic appeal in front of a public building.
• (front of a school, business, office building, multi-unit residence, church, community league, or volunteer association
Deadline to apply : 5pm, August 14th 2020. Entries received after this date will not be accepted
Prize: A Gateway Self Watering Planter from Equinox (the winner gets to choose their color of preference)