CiB Foundation – Bursaries
2017 Claudette Savaria Bursary
The Communities in Bloom Foundation is requesting applications for bursaries.
The mission of the Communities in Bloom Foundation, a non-profit organization with registered charitable status, is to fund, develop and disseminate educational material on the value, importance, improvement and sustainable development of green spaces and the natural environment in our society.
- One (1) bursary of $1,000/each will be awarded to eligible successful individuals for the 2016/ 2017 school year;
- The bursaries will be awarded by November 30, 2017
- Applicants must be registered in, and successfully complete, a full-time post-secondary level pertaining to ornamental and/or environmental horticulture programs in an accredited institution;
- Applicants must be involved in a community participating in the Communities in Bloom program (national or provincial editions);
- Successful recipients must agree to have their name and education information publicized throughout the Communities in Bloom network and public (website, magazine, etc.).
- Applicants must submit, by September 29, 2017 to email@example.com
- Personal information (names, address, phone and e-mail)
- Education information (school, program)
- Letter (minimum of 300 words / maximum of 500 words) indicating the reason and interest in studies pertaining to ornamental and/or environmental horticulture. The letter will also include details of any volunteer work done in the community.
- Successful recipients will be determined by the Communities in Bloom Foundation based on the applications received.